In this episode, Marcelo talks with Kharis O’Connell, head of UX and Industrial Design at Meta about designing user experiences for AR. Lots of topics are covered including how to design for mobile AR, AR glasses, the future of AR design, how to design AR experiences when reality and virtual reality become one, plus much more!
– Tell us about your background.
– How different is designing for AR versus mobile devices?
– What are thoughts on AR standards?
– Do you think we’ll get standards for AR UX just like we have them for mobile?
– Do you feel that UX designers with no mobile experience have an advantage when designing for AR?
– How is designing for AR different when the user is part of content?
– Tell us about Meta.
– Do you think FOV is currently limited by the technology?
– What skill should designers have for AR?
– What are some AR UX considerations when designing for a mobile phone experience?
– How will the merging of AR, VR and real reality affect future generations?
– How does foveated rendering and selective focus affect design decisions?
– How do designers prepare for the possible future of virtual and real realities merging into one?