In this episode, Marcelo chats with Big Red Button Entertainment Founder, CEO and Visual Director, Bob Rafei, about the benefits and challenges of being an Independent VR Developer. Learn the good, the bad and the ugly of it (mostly good though!)
Please visit our sponsor of this episode, VeeR VR and thank them for supporting this podcast. You can learn more about them at https://HowToCreateVR.com/veervr
– Tell us a bit about your background.
– How did you get into VR?
– What is your favorite VR experience so far?
– What is your current VR project?
– Is it common for indie projects to get cancelled and what are some reasons?
– How do you strike the balance between business decisions and creative vision?
– How much research do you do before starting a project?
– What do you think needs to be done to increase the adoption of VR?
– Do you feel that VR in the Enterprise is a great opportunity right now?
– What do you like most and what do you like least about VR development?
– What one tip would you offer independent VR developers?
– How would you like to see VR five years from now?
– Do you think Oculus Santa Cruz / Quest is a step toward that future?