In this episode, Marcelo talks with VR Producer Adam Bruce about what a VR Producer does and what it took to create the highly popular VR experience, theBlu.
– Tell us about your background.
– What was your first VR experience?
– What is your current favorite VR experience?
– What HMD do you currently use?
– What does a VR Producer do at the most basic level?
– Does it help producers if they are also (or have been) a developer?
– How do you avoid scope creep?
– Who decides on when features are complete and ready to ship?
– What design considerations do you have to make between an LBE, at-home and mobile VR experiences?
– How much are you in charge of as a producer of a VR experience?
– How do you QA and make sure that everything works seamlessly?
– Do you use sprints when you’re delivering VR experiences?
– Can you explain sprints and how they work?
– What are your responsibilities during the design phase?
– Are you normally brought in during pre-production in a VR experience?
– Can you explain the MDA framework?
– How important is giving the user agency in a VR experience?
– How do you keep a project on time and on budget?
– How do you track user testing?
– How do you test the user experience?
– Tell us about theBlu both the desktop and LBE versions.
– Do you design assets in VR?
– Do you build all of your assets first in Maya?
– What would you like VR to be like in the future?