In this episode, Marcelo talks to professional Game Developer, Chris McLaughlin, about migrating to VR from traditional (flat) game development. Various topics are touched upon including what skills are and are not transferable when moving from flat development to VR game development.
– Are you still doing traditional game development?
– Tell us a bit about your background.
– What do you do with Vitae?
– How did you get into VR at Vitae?
– Did you do any VR before starting to create it?
– What did you learn not to do in VR development (in comparison to flat game development)?
– What new skills did you have to learn when you migrated to VR?
– What are some things to consider with VR that are different from traditional game development?
– How is beta testing different in VR?
– How do you deal with fatigue from using the VR headset (HMD)?
– What programming languages should a VR developer know?
– What other tools should a VR developer know?
– Have you done VR development for mobile devices and is that an important skill to have?
– Have you considered AR development for gaming?
– Describe what you would like VR to be like 10 years from now.