Our guest today is Darragh Dandurand, a multi-disciplinary creative and curator with award winning works in photography, writing, journalism, filmmaking and emerging media who’s now focused on designing immersive physical sets for mixed reality narrative experiences. Darrah and Marcelo chat all about set design in real life and how it affects the VR experience.
– Tell us about your background
– What is your favorite VR experience as of today?
– What was your first experience with Tilt Brush like?
– Define set design.
– How does real-world set design for VR differ from TV and Film?
– What are some considerations for designing a set for VR versus AR?
– Is AR set design more challenging than VR?
– What kind of tools do you use for set design?
– When does story writing happen in the process of set design?
– How do you incorporate the actors in the set design?
– What are some design considerations from a safety standpoint?