My guest is Jim Malcolm, an industry expert with more than 2 decades of imaging and vr product experience. Jim was the President Ricoh Imaging and today is the General Manager of Humaneyes Technologies, the maker of the VUZE 360-degree 3D virtual reality camera. In this episode, we talk for over an hour all about VR and how to create it! If you are interested in creating VR, this is the episode for you!
1) So as President of Ricoh, you oversaw the launch of the Ricoh Theta 360 Degree camera? Tell us about that.
2) For those that are new to VR, quickly explain the difference between AR, VR, MR, 3D and 360-degree video?
3) How can we add real motion to an immersive experience?
4) Can you explain refresh rate and why that is so important in VR?
5) Haptic feedback is really important in VR to truly give that full immersion experience. Can you expand on how best to do this?
6) How does audio work in VR? How can it be used to immerse the user?
7) Explain what Unreal and Unity are and why choose one over the other one?
8) Currently, there are 4 major HMDs, Oculus Rift, HTC Vibe, PlayStation VR and Samung Gear VR. How can we create content that works on all of them? Or can we?
9) What’s your take on VR and eLearning?