In this episode, Marcelo talks to EF EVE Founder and CEO Agnis Stelingis about volumetric video; what it is, how to create it, and how to use it in our next VR experience.
– Tell us about your background.
– What interested you about volumetric video?
– What is the relationship between volumetric video and VR?
– What is volumetric video for those who don’t know?
– What are the differences between photogrammetry and volumetric video and also what is a 3D scan?
– How do you deal with the large amounts of data you retrieve from a storage perspective?
– Can you use volumetric video or photogrammetry to create holograms?
– How do you capture information for holograms?
– Guide us through the volumetric workflow including production, post-production, equipment, etc.
– How do you go from the final capture into Unity/Unreal?
– Are any companies working toward standardization?
– What skills should a creator have to capture volumetric video?
– What needs to be done by the motion capture artist?
– Do you capture audio at the same time and is the audio captured in 360 degrees?
– Explain the camera setup needed for the EVE?
– How powerful should a PC be to capture volumetric video from six cameras?
– Once the video is captured, is it rendered locally or in the cloud?
– How long does it take to render a minute of volumetric data?
– What suggestions/tips would you recommend for capturing volumetric data?
– Do you need to have a lot of lighting to caputre the best possible video?
– Do you recommend any encoding settings?
– Any tips for creators looking to get into volumetric video capturing?
– What would you like the future to be for volumetric video?