I speak with Multimedia Specialist Johnny Hamilton about AR and how to get started developing AR apps. We cover ARKit, ARCore, AR development apps and how to overcome current challenges.
– Tell us a bit about your background.
– How did you get into VR and AR as a user? What was your first experience like?
– What’s your favorite VR or AR experience as of today and why?
– What are some real-world examples where AR makes sense to use?
– What’s your process when you are designing what the AR experience will be?
– Do you prototype the AR experience and if so what tools do you use?
– What core technologies, such as programming languages, do you need to know to create AR apps today?
– What is ARCore and ARKit and what’s the difference between them?
– What apps can one use to speed up the process of AR development?
– How do gyroscopes, cameras, magnometers, GPS and accelerometers work with AR?
– What are anchors and cloud anchors?
– What is occlusion and how does that help make your AR app more “real”?
– What are some tips for developing UX and UI for AR?
– For a developer just starting out with AR, what do you recommend they do first?
– Describe what you would like AR to be like in 10 years.
VR AND AR EXPERIENCES: