In this episode I have a nice conversation with longtime VR Developer and Author of Getting Started With React VR, John Gwinner, about his experience with VR and the challenges of working with WebVR. We talk about 3JS, A-Frame, React VR / 360 and more!
– Tell us a bit about your background.
– How did you get into VR as a user? What was your first experience like?
– How did you get into VR as a creator? What was the first VR experience you created?
– What’s your favorite VR experience as of today and why?
– Explain WebVR. What is it? What does it entail?
– What is 3JS? What is A-Frame?
– What is the difference between A-Frame and React VR?
– Is it safe to use WebVR today, or are we creating something that we’ll end up throwing away in the future?
– Are there tools, like Unity, that allow you to create WebVR experiences using drag and drop?
– Do any of these web technologies allow us to create AR experiences?
– For a developer that has never created a VR experience, explain what web technologies they need to learn and in what order.