On June 26th and 27th, I attended the Realities360 conference in San Jose, CA, which focuses on learning and Virtual Reality. I went both as an attendee and as a presenter. The seminar I presented was an introduction to 360 Degree video publishing. I also attended some great seminars presented by really talented professionals. I learned a lot about Augmented Reality and how to create AR apps using Zappar. I was able to attend some case study seminars to learn how other companies like Hilton and Volvo are creating VR apps, plus I was able to attend some amazing keynotes. What follows are a couple of interviews at the conference. The first one is with Blaire Bohjwani from Hilton and John Carlos Lozano from Sweetrush all about how they created a VR experience to help onboard new employees at Hilton. The second interview is with the CEO of EEVO, Alejandro Dinsmore, all about their EEVO app, the current state of VR and it’s future.
QUESTIONS ASKED – HILTON INTERVIEW
– Tell us about yourself Blair.
– Tell us about the project you’re working on.
– JC tell us about yourself.
– Blair, how did you convince people in your company to commit to this VR project?
– Did you have to determine a budget prior to getting permission to work on the project?
– Did you demonstrate VR for them?
– What are your thoughts on standards and VR?
– Tell us about how you mixed 360 degree video and VR.
– What tools did you use to build this VR experience and what 360 Video tools did you use?
– What is one thing you learned through this process that could help others?
– What do you see as your next VR project?
– What would you like VR to be in the future?
QUESTIONS ASKED – EEVO INTERVIEW
– Tell me about EEVO.
– Tell us about how this tool allows you to bring in 360 Video.
– What kind of interactivity can you add?
– Can you mix in 3D objects?
– Can you export to WebVR?
– How do you approach hotspots?
– When does it make sense to use your tool and when does it not?
– What attracted you to get into VR?
– What was your first VR experience?
– What is the best way of convincing people to get into VR?
– What would you like VR to be like in 10 years?