In this episode, Marcelo talks with Evelyn Miralles, a NASA Technology Strategist and Senior Engineer who works on VR, AR, and MR experiences. He chats with Evelyn all about how NASA uses VR to train their astronauts and what tools they use to create their experiences.
– Tell us about your background.
– How much did VR headsets cost back in the 90s and how did they compare to today’s technology?
– Has VR improved at the same speed as computers, in your opinion?
– What do you think of the new Vive Pro Eye?
– What are your responsibilities at NASA?
– What are the plans for VR for the upcoming moon mission?
– How do you test for challenges the astronauts may run into?
– Are you using commercially available VR tech?
– What tools are you using to create VR experiences?
– Are you guys doing anything with volumetric video or photogrammetry?
– How do you assess astronauts in VR?
– What tools are you using for AR?
– Are you doing anything with Virtual Doubles?
– What would you like VR to be like in the future?