In this episode, I interview Ben Moore, the lead Product Manager of Amazon Sumerian. What is Amazon Sumerian you ask? It’s a VR development application that runs in your browser focused on letting Enterprise developers create VR experiences that are WebVR ready and take advantage of Amazon Web Services (AWS).
– Tell us a bit about your background.
– How did you get into VR as a user? What was your first experience like?
– What’s your favorite VR experience as of today and why?
– Give us an overview of what Amazon Sumerian is.
– Are you looking at creating a desktop application version of Sumerian?
– Why would a developer create a native app as opposed to a web app?
– What scripting language does Sumerian support?
– Are you planning on adding any kind of console or debugging tools?
– Is Slack the best place to contact you about feature requests and bugs?
– What AWS services do you currently integrate with? What about in the near future?
– Can you animate hosts yourself?
– Can you use certain services without hosts?
– Talk about projects and how scenes work.
– What HMD’s do you currently support?
– Do you provide any optimization tools?
– What browser is needed for creating scenes?
– Any plans to allow users to create VR scenes in VR?
– Any plans to support MOCAP?
– Where do you see Sumarian in 5 years?
– Are you planning any events or competitions?