My guest today is Rich Benedetto, a US Navy Submarine Veteran, trainer, business owner, and currently, a solutions provider concentrating on Training, Technology and Innovation for Epsilon Systems. Today, Rich and I will talk about how to create high end VR simulations using 3D, Unity, photogrammetry and other high end technologies.
– Give us a bit about your background.
– Do you have a favorite VR game or experience?
– What is considered high end VR training?
– Tell us about your process when developing high end VR?
– How do you get feedback from the client?
– Are you doing anything with Artificial Intelligence?
– What do you use AI in development?
– How do you deliver the final product?
– What do you use for 3D graphics?
– What is the difference between photogrammetry and 3D scanning?
– Does one take longer than the other to perform?
– How many SME’s do you work with?
– What type of locomotion do you use?
– What is your philosophy when it comes to interface design?
– Do you have a procedure for onboarding users on a new experience?
– How do you assess users in training?
– Have you experimented with room mapping?
– Have you experimented with haptics?
– How do you see AR fitting into training?
– Have you thought of integrating other devices into the VR experience such as an iPhone or iPad?
– Are you doing anything with predictive analytics?
– What would you like VR to be in 5 years?
– Star Trek Bridge Crew