In this episode, Marcelo talks with Marriana Vallejo, CEO and Founder of Daily Magic Productions a game development company behind the action-adventure VR game Witching Tower, all about how to create effective VR game play.
– Tell us about your background.
– How did you get into VR as a user?
– What is your favorite experience as of today?
– What are your thoughts on the Vive Cosmos and Vive Pro Eye headsets?
– What are your thoughts on eye-tracking and how it can be used for gameplay?
– Do you plan on using eye-tracking in future games once it’s generally available?
– What is your workflow for designing gameplay?
– What are your thoughts on user-interface design for VR?
– What are your tips on creating effective game onboarding?
– How do you approach spatial and locomotion considerations?
– How do you use haptic feedback in gameplay?
– How do you make the game play feel natural?
– Have you experimented with haptic suits?
– What are your thoughts on how to use controllers and are you exploring using Magic Leap?
– What is the right balance between passive and full-agency for effective gameplay?
– How do you determine what to make interactive in a game?
– Do you keep a library of objects that you use in different projects?
– How do you use audio to make gameplay more effective?
– Is 3D spatial sound is important for effective game play?
– Are you doing anything with LBE’s?
– Would selective focus be helpful for gameplay?
– What tools do you use for designing gameplay?
– Tell us about The Witching Tower.
– How long did it take you to design 6 hours of gameplay?
– What would you like VR to be link in the future?