I went to CES 2019 to check out all that’s new in AR and VR and to interview vendors, professionals and creators involved in the Immersive Technologies industry. In part 1 of this 3 part series covering CES, I was invited into the HTC Vive private booth to come check out all of the great new announcements they made during CES, including the new Vive Pro Eye, Vive Cosmos, and more. In part 2, I walked around the show floor and got to interview Max Richter from Insta360 about their new Titan 11K camera, Cathy Hackl, Immersive Tech evangelist and futurist and Ennin Huang, from Pico Interactive. In this episode, the 3rd and final part of CES series, I spoke with 4 VR vendors about their products including Aden Bahadori from Torus Media Labs about their 360-degree plugin for After Effects, Gary Yamamoto from Finch VR about their 6dof controllers, Max Newlon from BrainCo about using your brain waves to control VR interfaces and Xian Bi from Nolo VR about their 6dof controllers and Steam streaming app for standalone HMDs.
ADEN BAHADORI FROM TORUS MEDIA LABS QUESTIONS:
– Tell us about your 360-degree plugin for After Effects.
– How did you come to create it?
– How is your 360 plugin different then the built in immersive plugins in After Effects?
– How does your plugin compare to Mocha VR?
– Why is tracking important?
– Do you have this plugin for Adobe Premiere Pro?
GARY YAMAMOTO FROM FINCH VR QUESTIONS:
– Tell us about your 6DOF controllers. How can I use them?
– Which HMDs do your controllers work with?
– Do they work with mobile devices?
– Do they work with the Oculus Go?
– Any latency issues?
– How do the controllers connect to the HMDs?
– How do games recognized the 6dof controllers? Is there an SDK available for them?
– What’s the advantage to your controllers versus other 6dof controllers?
– What’s in your roadmap beyond 6dof controllers?
MAX NEWLON FROM BRAINCO QUESTIONS:
– Give us an overview of what BrainCo does.
– Are you looking at incorporating your technology in VR headsets?
– How accurate is the date that you get back?
– How can this be used in VR training apps?
– What about data privacy issues?
– What’s the future hold for BrainCo?
XIAN BI FROM NOLO VR QUESTIONS:
– Tell us what the Nolo CV1 is.
– Tell us about the Nolo Home streaming software.
– How do you connect the CV1?
– Is there any latency issues?
– Do you need to set up a local wifi to connect the Nolo Home to your standalone?
– What other standalone HMDs (besides the Oculus Go) does this work with?
– What’s the cost for the CV1?
– How easy is it to set it up?
ADEN BAHADORI FROM TORUS MEDIA LABS LINKS:
– Torus Media Labs (https://www.torusmedialabs.com/)
GARY YAMAMOTO FROM FINCH VR LINKS:
– Finch VR (https://finch-vr.com/)
MAX NEWLON FROM BRAINCO LINKS:
– BrainCo (https://www.brainco.tech/)
XIAN BI FROM NOLO VR LINKS:
– Nolo VR (https://www.nolovr.com/index)