I went to CES 2019 to check out all that’s new in AR and VR and to interview vendors, professionals and creators involved in the Immersive Technologies industry. In part 1 of this 3 part series covering CES, I was invited into the HTC Vive private booth to come check out all of the great new announcements they made during CES, including the new Vive Pro Eye, Vive Cosmos, and more. In this episode, part 2, I walked around the show floor and got to interview Max Richter from Insta360 about their new Titan 11K camera, Cathy Hackl, Immersive Tech evangelist and futurist and Ennin Huang, from Pico Interactive.
MAX RICHTER FROM INSTA360 QUESTIONS:
– Give us a quick overview of the new Insta360 Titan camera.
– Is this a 10 bit camera and why is that a benefit?
– Can you live stream with this camera?
– What resolution can you live stream at?
– What are the 2 antennas on the camera used for?
– Is the camera stabilized and if so, is it mechanical or digital stabilization?
– Can the camera shoot 3D at 11k?
– What’s the viewable resolution for the HMD?
– Can you preview the camera feed directly to an HMD?
– Do you need to use Mistika to do stitching or can you do in-camera stitching?
– Do you get one file per eye when exporting your media?
– Can you start editing in Premiere Pro immediately without editing just like you do with the Insta360 Pro 2?
– When will the camera be released and what will the price be?
CATHY HACKL QUESTIONS:
– Tell us about your gig with MagicLeap.
– What kind of work have you done with Mozzila?
– What do you think about the HTC releases at CES?
– How did you get into VR and became a VR influencer?
– What excites you about immersive media?
– Where do you see the most traction for VR outside of the US?
– Tell us about face recognition and why is that important for VR?
– What’s the next big thing in the immersive industry?
– What’s your take on VR Standards and who do you think will lead them?
– What do you want to see done with VR in the next 5 years?
ENNIN HUANG FROM PICO INTERACTIVE QUESTIONS:
– What is Pico Technologies and what do you guys do?
– Tell us about the Pico G2
– Explain your B2B solution for VR?
– Tell us about your SDK for creating apps for your HMD.
– Can you customize the UI when the G2 boots up for the business?
– What technologies should a developer know to create apps for the Pico G2?
– Is the G2 out already for companies to purchase?
– What’s your involvement in AR?
– Tell us about your 6DOF devices.
– What’s the FOV on your 6DOF devices?
– Are you looking at incorporating eye tracking technology into your HMDs?
– As a hardware producer, where do you see VR headed? What’s its future?
– What’s your hardware roadmap look like?
MAX RICHTER FROM INSTA360 LINKS:
– Insta360 Titan (https://www.insta360.com/product/insta360-titan/)
CATHY HACKL LINKS:
– Cathy’s Website (http://cathyhackl.com/)
– Cathy’s Linkedin (https://www.linkedin.com/in/cathyhackl/)
ENNIN HUANG FROM PICO INTERACTIVE LINKS:
– Pico’s Website (https://www.pico-interactive.com/)