In this episode Marcelo chats with Unity 3D Developer Ethan Stickley about how creative professionals can learn C# and use it in their next Unity VR program. You’ll get lots of practical tips and useful websites that will help you add C# to your portfolio of services.
– Tell us a bit about your background.
– What is your favorite VR experience and why?
– How important is knowing C# for a designer?
– Do you need to know Object Oriented programming to be a good C# coder in Unity?
– Unreal has Blueprint. Does Unity have anything similar for C#?
– Are there pre-made libraries you can use for basic abilities like teleportation?
– Do you have any tips for professional designers starting out with C#?
– How do you test your C# code?
– How long did it take you to become comfortable with C#?
– What other resources do you recommend for learning C# as it pertains to Unity and VR?
– How much math do you need to know for creating VR games?
– Is C# the same on both Mac and Windows or are there differences?
– Has C# helped you in mobile apps or anything other than VR?
– What would you like VR to be like in 5 years?