Marcelo chats with Beast Pets Lead Product Designer Katie Hughes about the importance of prototyping for VR. We chat about tools to use, why prototyping is crucial for a successful VR project and some best practices to follow.
– Tell us a bit about your background.
– How did you get into VR?
– What was the first VR experience you tried?
– Tell us about Beast Pets.
– Do you plan on tying your VR game to a physical environment?
– Why is prototyping important for a VR game?
– What is the difference between the finished VR experience and the prototype?
– Do you use prototyping to test ideas?
– Do you prototype your 3D assets before investing all the time to make final ones?
– Do you prepare various UX metaphors before you settle on one?
– Do you use prototypes to determine what users want to interact with?
– Do you use offline technology for prototyping?
– How do you target users for testing the prototype?
– Is prototyping for VR arcades different then for home VR? Why?
– What percentage of the overall project budget should go into the prototype?
– How do you decided how much functionality to add to a prototype?
– When do you stop the prototype development and start the actual release development?
– Do you use VR itself to prototype VR experiences?
– Describe what you would like VR to be like in the year 2025.