In this episode, Marcelo talks with HTC VIVE Studios, VR Producer Jason Ray, on his experience working with VR, developers and how he manages multiple VR projects.
– Tell us a bit about your background.
– What’s your favorite VR experience as of today and why?
– Do you prefer working hands on with the team or just managing the development team?
– What basic skills does a producer who works on multiple VR projects need to have?
– Does a producer need to be proficient in VR workflows and tools?
– How do you work with outside developers? Can you explain that process?
– What kind of VR experiences do you turn down?
– What is a typical timeline for a VR project?
– Are you looking into MR / AR at all?
– Are you looking at producing VR experiences for the HTC Focus?
– What one thing should a producer know before embarking on a VR project?
– How long did it take to create the VR game, Oasis Beta?
– How would you like to see VR in 10 years?